BEng (Hons), Masters (Environmental Management) Karen has more than fifteen years’ experience in the mining and civil industries. This includes seven years in mining and mineral processing, prior to further specialisation in environmental management. Her mining experience includes both open cut and underground operations in Queensland and Western Australia. Mineral processing experience involved copper, gold, lateritic nickel and cobalt ores. This has proved a valuable technical background in her subsequent environmental consulting role since 2004 at MBS.
Karen specialises in the following elements of environmental planning:
- Project approvals.
- Ecological risk assessment.
- Environmental constraints analysis and impact assessment.
- Geochemical characterisation of mining waste materials (waste rock and tailings).
- Environmental management aspects of mineral processing technologies and treatment of process waste streams.
- Mine site environmental management plans.
- Environmental monitoring and compliance reporting.
- Technical peer reviews.