PhD Organic/Organometallic Chemistry; BSc (Hons) Chemistry Michael has worked in the field of environmental chemistry for many years in the sampling, analysis and interpretation of results and at various levels of client reporting and technical problem-solving. He has 17 years’ experience across analytical, environmental, organic, inorganic and physical chemistry as well as occupational hygiene. He possesses further background at the University level in geology and soil science and materials science.
His areas of expertise include:
- Water, soil and sediment chemistry, analysis review and interpretation including the transport and fate of contaminants in the environment.
- Acid metalliferous drainage and mine waste characterisation including kinetic studies.
- Waste water treatment and disposal/re-use.
- Drinking water treatment, analysis and consultancy.
- Contaminated sites assessment and remediation.
- Acid sulfate soils, sampling and assessment.
- Ambient air quality sampling and assessment for environmental health.
- Occupational Hygiene and monitoring including biological monitoring. Associate member of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists.
- SDS preparation and dangerous goods classification for metal concentrates.
- Field sampling for air, dust, water, sediment and soil monitoring.
- Chemical speciation and fingerprinting for source apportionment.