Gert has worked in a commercial laboratory environment prior to joining MBS Environmental with around 2 years’ experience in the field of environmental chemistry. Since joining MBS Environmental in early 2017, he has worked on geochemical waste characterisation and rehabilitation projects as well as projects where mineral concentrates have to be classified (health hazard assessments) to comply with Port requirements for shipping. He has particular expertise in:
- Air, water and soil quality.
- Acid Metalliferous Drainage.
- Geochemical waste characterisation.
- Health hazard and dangerous goods classifications according to GHS, DG/IMDG, IMSBC and MARPOL.
- SDS preparation for mineral concentrates.
- Sampling and analysis.