BSc (Hons) Conservation Biology and Management.
Leo has 10 years' of experience as an environmental professional in Western Australia working predominantly in major construction projects across WA Infrastructure, including Road and Rail, Oil and Gas, Mining and Ports. Major projects include NorthLink Central Section, Perth new Stadium Station, BHPIOP Port Hedland Inner and Outer Harbour Projects, Gorgon General Utilities LNG, Yandi Crushing Facility and Conveyors and Cape Lambert Port B Expansion.
His primary responsibilities included the generation, implementation and enforcement of site and client specific Environmental Management Plans with associated risk assessments, risk mitigation procedures, controls and monitoring required to uphold project-specific or environmental licence conditions, ISO 14001 standards and both Western Australian and Federal Environmental and OSH Legislation. Leo primary skill sets include:
- Construction and operational risk assessment
- Scope of work planning and development
- Environmental and Compliance Reporting
- Tender/bid submissions
- Incident investigation
- Asbestos and hazardous materials management including works within contaminated sites
- Waste management
- Acid sulfate soils and dewatering management
- Noise, vibration, air quality, groundwater monitoring, and flora and fauna management
- European and Aboriginal heritage management