Mine closure is a comprehensive process that can be commenced at any stage of mining. Early identification and incorporation of closure objectives and principles can significantly reduce environmental and financial liabilities. MBS has anexperienced team of environmental professionals able to support clients through all stages of the mine closure process.
MBS provides closure planning services for the life of mine, comprising:
- Identification of closure obligations and commitments.
- Identification and management of closure issues through risk assessment.
- Development of stakeholder consultation and communication strategy and integration into closure planning.
- Determination of post-mining land use and closure objectives.
- Development of site specific and measurable completion criteria to be incorporated into mining proposals and mine closure plans.
- Development of a mine closure implementation plans, care and maintenance plans and progressive rehabilitation scheduling.
- Development and implementation of monitoring programs.
- Closure costing in accordance with regulator and international financial standard requirements.
- Facilitation of technical rehabilitation earthworks design specifications and contractual documentation, contractor selection and award, rehabilitation earthworks supervision.
- Facilitation of mine site relinquishment.