Region: Western Australia (South West)
Resource: Sand, limestone, gravel and hard rock
MBS Environmental has been involved with extractive industries in the south-west of Western Australia for a number of years for various clients including APH Contractors, B&J Catalano Pty Ltd, BGC (Australia) Pty Ltd, Carbone Bros Pty Ltd, Giacci Bros Pty Ltd, Piacentini & Son and private landowners.
Services provided by MBS Environmental have included:
- Extractive Industry Licence and Planning Consent applications to local governments.
- Native Vegetation Clearing Permit applications.
- EPA referrals and assessments.
- Approvals under the Commonwealth Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act.
- DoW Groundwater Licence Applications.
- Liaison with Commonwealth, State and local government agencies and other interest groups.
- Coordination and/or implementation of surveys for fauna, stygofauna, flora, dieback, acid sulfate soils and noise. Organising targeted fauna surveys for conservation significant species such as Western Ringtail Possum and Black Cockatoos.
- Preparing a range of management plans focusing on site rehabilitation, fauna relocation and habitat management, dust and noise minimisation, stormwater management, dieback prevention, weed management and acid sulfate soils management.
- Co-ordination and/or implementation of revegetation measures post extraction.
- Operational environmental monitoring and reporting to meet approval conditions.