2010 – present
Greenfields World Class Base Metals in Queensland
MBS Environmental was engaged by Altona Mining Limited to assist with obtaining environmental approvals for the Roseby Copper Project in the Cloncurry Region, Queensland. The Roseby Copper Project is a greenfields copper-gold project located in a world class base metal mining province. Project approval to mine three deposits (Little Eva, Blackard and Scanlan) and process ore to produce copper concentrate was obtained in 2012. Project development is on hold whilst Altona continue to evaluate resources at Little Eva and further production potential from seven other copper deposits.
MBS has assisted Altona with:
- Undertaking waste rock and tailings characterisation investigations.
- Reviewing baseline environmental reports and data.
- Gaining approvals for the project Environmental Management Plan.
- Gaining an Environmental Authority for the project.
- Provision of environmental management advice for exploration and project development.
- Liaison with regulatory authorities (DEHP).
- Development of a Surface Water Management Plan.
- Development and assistance in implementation of a monitoring manual for surface water, sediment and groundwater.
- Ongoing coordination, assistance and interpretation of baseline sampling of surface waters, sediments and groundwater.
- Coordination of baseline purple-necked rock-wallaby monitoring surveys.
- Coordination of development of a Receiving Environment Management Plan.
- Coordination of development of a Sediment and Erosion Control Management Plan.
- Preparation of environment and project closure sections of the Little Eva Definitive Feasibility Study.
- Ongoing compliance with Environmental Authority conditions.