MBS Environmental has extensive experience in contaminated sites assessment. Our team of geochemists, soil scientists, environmental scientists and engineers provides the following contaminated site assessment services:
- Sampling selection programs and field assessments tailored for a site and contaminants of concern. This incorporates sound knowledge of contaminant transport and breakdown pathways.
- Preliminary Site Investigations (PSI) and Detailed Site Investigations (DSI) including sampling and analysis of contaminated soils and water, characterisation of contaminant levels and comparison against State and National guidelines.
- Ecological Risk Assessment to identify sensitive receptors, contaminants of concern, contaminant fate within the environment, exposure pathways and overall risk to the environment. Where appropriate, this will include derivation of site specific clean-up criteria.
The purpose of these assessment services is to provide our clients with the following:
- Site management and remediation plans including development of clean-up and closure tasks to manage or remediate contamination.
- Bioremediation Plans for hydrocarbon contaminated soil.
- Incorporation of contaminated site assessment requirements in Mine Closure Plans.
- Liaison with regulatory agencies.
MBS Environmental’s project team is also experienced in the management of remediation civil works and the preparation of validation assessments and reports to determine if the site has been successfully remediated.