MBS Environmental has a team of senior and principal staff experienced in obtaining regulatory approvals for a range of projects throughout Australia and internationally.
MBS is able to co-ordinate the entire environmental approvals process, including:
- Strategic project planning.
- Consultation with regulators and stakeholders.
- Baseline studies.
- Site selection and project layout.
- Impact assessment using risk assessment and risk management approaches.
- Preparation of documentation for submission to regulatory agencies and public display.
MBS has detailed practical knowledge of the legislative environmental approvals process at State/Territory and Federal levels. MBS Environmental can assist with:
- Referral of a project under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act).
- Environmental Impact Assessments of a project under the EPBC Act.
- Referrals and assessments under Part IV Environmental Protection Act 1986 (EP Act) e.g. s38 referral, Environmental Scoping Documents, Environmental Review Documents, section 45 C applications, section 46 applications.
- Works Approval, Environmental Licences under Part V EP Act.
- Clearing Permits applications under Environmental Protection (Clearing of Native Vegetation) Regulation 2004.
- Approvals under the Mining Act 1978 (Mining Proposals, Programs of Work - Exploration, Mine Closure Plans).
- Rights in Water and Irrigation Act 1914 Approvals (Groundwater Licence Applications, Bed and Bank Permits etc.).
- Local Government Extractive Industry Licences.
In addition to WA, MBS has knowledge and working experience in Queensland, Northern Territory and New South Wales environmental legislation and associated impact assessment processes.