BSc (Hons) Geology, (Hons) Water Res Man, MSc (Hydrogeology)
Alan has more than 30 years' experience as a geoscientist initially in Southern Africa and since 1996 in Australia. He has worked for the mining industry, consulting engineers, a national research organisation, a Government Water Agency and environmental consultants. Projects have covered a range of areas including geological exploration, water resource management, mine closure planning and mine water management. Water research study tours have been undertaken in Canada and Europe. The past 15 years have seen a focus on integrated mine water management, mine closure planning and environmental due diligence audits. Alan has a diverse background with particular expertise in:
- Mine closure planning and implementation - strategies, closure designs and closure cost estimation.
- Integrated mine water management - effective water use.
- High level environmental due diligence audits.
- Formulation of environmental water management strategies, plans and procedures.
- Environmental risk assessment and management.
- Development of AMD and mine waste management plans/strategies.
Alan is a Member of the International Association of Hydrogeologists and the International Mine Water Association.