The successful candidate will:
- Have tertiary qualifications in a relevant degree such as soil science, environmental science, chemistry or geochemistry with preferably a sound understanding of hydrogeology and geology. Post graduate qualifications in these subjects will be viewed favourably.
- Have experience in and familiarity with contaminated sites assessments/remediation and/or acid sulfate soil assessments field work and reporting.
- Have exposure to environmental approvals and application of science to environmental management.
- Have relevant experience of at least five to seven years including project management, conducting field sampling, monitoring and reporting.
- Have very strong written English and verbal communication skills.
- Be pro-active and self-motivated for problem-solving and learning.
- Be physically fit and willing to travel to conduct field work in remote areas of the arid Australian interior.
- Enjoy working as part of small teams, but also have the ability to independently deliver high quality reports.
- Be a permanent Australian resident with current unrestricted Australian drivers licence..
This role would suit those who have been working at a junior to early stage senior level in particular with contaminated site assessments/acid sulfate soils and are seeking a more diverse technical challenges and increased opportunity for project and team management responsibility to develop their career.
MBS Environmental is an equal opportunity employer with an open, flexible and friendly work environment with a relatively flat management structure. Consideration will be given to both full time and part-time applicants meeting the above criteria. A salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.