About MBS Environmental
MBS Environmental was established in 1978 and is now a key provider of environmental and geoscience consulting services to clients in WA and internationally. We exist to deliver better outcomes for our clients, the environment, and communities, through meaningful partnerships, diversity of expertise, practical experience, flexibility, and business understanding. MBS aims to provide a culture in which all team members can thrive, develop and reach their full potential while meeting business goals. Our values guide everybody’s actions, communications, and decisions in our contributions at MBS Environmental.
For more information on MBS Environmental please visit our website.
About the Role
Due to continued growth, the geoscience team is looking for someone with geochemistry consultancy experience able to manage and deliver on a diverse range of projects as part of a team. You will be working as part of a highly experienced team of scientists, engineers and chemists on diverse projects including mine waste geochemical characterisation, geochemical modelling, soil and landform assessments, contaminated sites assessments, acid sulfate soils, ground/surface water quality and air quality/human health risk assessments. The role will involve a combination of written report generation/data collation and some fieldwork.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (bachelors or higher), with a major in chemistry, geochemistry or related discipline. Post graduate qualifications in these subjects will be viewed favourably.
- Experience (minimum 3 years) working in geochemistry/environmental chemistry consultancy (managing projects, preparing technical reports etc.) and ready to transition to a Senior or Principal role managing others for project delivery.
- Relevant experience in geochemical modelling and/or transport fate modelling using PHREEQC and GoldSim and possibly MODFLOW will be a particular advantage to drive this area with assistance from others. Understanding of planning and conducting field sampling, monitoring and assessments basic hydrogeology, geology and environmental science as it relates to minesites would be part of the role.
- Experience in other areas such as radiation risk assessments would be beneficial but not required.
- Able to manage projects individually or as part of a team to produce concisely worded written technical reports for a broad audience using well developed report writing and verbal communication skills.
- Be strongly proficient with data manipulation using Microsoft XL and have an attention to detail.
- Be pro-active and self-motivated for learning and problem-solving.
- Be a citizen or permanent Australian resident with current unrestricted Australian drivers licence. Overseas applicants who are not Australian citizens or permanent residents will not be considered.
Why Join MBS Environmental?
- MBS Environmental is an employee owned equal opportunity employer with an open, flexible, and friendly work environment.
- Challenging projects and professional development opportunities to support your career path. Opportunity exists to become a shareholder in MBS and hence share in profits.
- A convenient West Perth location with free onsite parking and proximity to transit.
- A Frequent Alternative Traveler Rewards Scheme promoting health and encouraging greener transportation choices for staff. Employee Assistance Program to support you and your family with personal and professional matters.
- A competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you believe you have the required skills to join the MBS Environmental Team, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in this role and MBS Environmental, please note that only those applicants considered for interview will be contacted.