About MBS Environmental
MBS Environmental was established in 1978 and is now a key provider of environmental and geoscience consulting services to clients in WA and internationally. We exist to deliver better outcomes for our clients, the environment, and communities, through meaningful partnerships, diversity of expertise, practical experience, flexibility, and business understanding. MBS aims to provide a culture in which all team members can thrive, develop and reach their full potential while meeting business goals. Our values guide everybody’s actions, communications, and decisions in our contributions at MBS Environmental.
For more information on MBS Environmental please visit our website.
About the Role
Due to continued growth, we are looking for more enthusiastic Environmental Scientists who have the qualifications and practical experience to assist with a diverse range of projects. You will be working as part of a highly experienced team of scientists, engineers and chemists. Successful candidates will be working as part of teams co-ordinating / undertaking baseline studies, conducting environmental impact assessment, obtaining environmental approvals and providing environmental management advice for a range of projects.
The successful candidates will be required to demonstrate delivery of outcomes in the following key areas:
- Reporting Skills:
- Able to condense technical data into fit for purpose reports and presentations.
- Able to deliver to project timelines and meet required quality standards.
- Able to engage with others to effectively achieve outcomes.
- Able to understand and communicate key messages relevant to clients.
- Able to develop, apply, and share technical expertise in a particular field with other team members.
- Project Management:
- Able to identify outcomes required on small to medium value, short to medium term, and/or standard projects, and the team skills needed to deliver them.
- Able to effectively engage with technical personnel, managers, and/or regulators.
- Able to interpret technical data.
- Developing skills to define and resolve problems within a technical area.
- Business Development:
- Developing own professional network, including within professional bodies and clients.
- Able to identify potential opportunities for future work and assist with realisation of these.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science or related discipline.
- 5 - 10 years prior work experience.
- Computer literate with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with use of GIS software and familiarity with data management concepts.
- Awareness of State and Commonwealth planning and environmental legislation.
- Previous experience in mining industry or development projects, either through consulting work or direct employment will be well regarded.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work for short periods in remote locations.
Why Join MBS Environmental?
- MBS Environmental is an equal opportunity employer with an open, flexible and friendly work environment.
- Challenging projects and professional development opportunities to support your career path.
- A convenient West Perth location with free onsite parking and proximity to transit.
- A Frequent Alternative Traveler Rewards Scheme promoting health and encouraging greener transportation choices for staff.
- Employee Assistance Program to support you and your family with personal and professional matters.
- A competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you believe you have the required skills to join the MBS Environmental Team, click on 'Apply Now'.