We are looking for an enthusiastic Environmental Scientist to join the MBS team. The position will see the successful candidate working as part of teams co-ordinating / undertaking baseline studies, conducting environmental impact assessment, obtaining environmental approvals and providing environmental management advice for a range of projects.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate delivery of outcomes in the following key areas.
- Reporting Skills:
- Able to condense technical data into fit for purpose reports and presentations.
- Able to deliver to project timelines and meet required quality standards.
- Able to engage with others to effectively achieve outcomes.
- Able to understand and communicate key messages relevant to clients.
- Able to develop, apply, and share technical expertise in a particular field with other team members.
- Project Management:
- Able to identify outcomes required on small value, short term, and/or standard projects, and the team skills needed to deliver them.
- Able to effectively engage with technical personnel, managers, and/or regulators.
- Able to interpret technical data.
- Developing skills to define and resolve problems within a technical area.
- Business Development:
- Developing own professional network, including within professional bodies and clients.
- Able to identify potential opportunities for future work and assist with realisation of these.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Science or related discipline.
- 3 -5 years prior work experience.
- Computer literate with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with use of GIS software and familiarity with data management concepts.
- Awareness of State and Commonwealth planning and environmental legislation.
- Previous experience in mining industry or development projects, either through consulting work or direct employment will be well regarded.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work for short periods in remote locations.