About MBS Environmental
MBS Environmental was established in 1978 and is now a key provider of environmental and geoscience consulting services to clients in WA and internationally. We exist to deliver better outcomes for our clients, the environment, and communities, through meaningful partnerships, diversity of expertise, practical experience, flexibility, and business understanding. MBS aims to provide a culture in which all team members can thrive, develop and reach their full potential while meeting business goals. Our values guide everybody’s actions, communications, and decisions in our contributions at MBS Environmental.
For more information on MBS Environmental please visit our website: https://mbsenvironmental.com.au/
About the Role
Due to continued growth, the geoscience team is looking for another team member who has the qualifications and drive to assist with a diverse range of projects. You will be working as part of a highly experienced team of scientists, engineers and chemists on diverse projects including mine waste geochemical characterisation, contaminated sites assessments, soil and landform assessments, acid sulfate soils, ground/surface water quality, chemical modelling and air quality/human health risk assessments. The role will involve a combination of written report generation/data collation and fieldwork.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (bachelors or higher), with a major in chemistry, geochemistry or possibly soil science. An additional understanding in areas of hydrogeology, geology or environmental science would be beneficial. Post graduate qualifications in these subjects will be viewed favourably. At least second year tertiary degree studies in chemistry are required.
- Relevant experience in relation to planning/conducting field sampling, monitoring and assessments and/or GIS would be ideal but not essential.
- Experience in and familiarity with fieldwork and/or laboratory analysis would be viewed favourably. This may include monitoring, site/exploration minesite work, contaminated sites assessments/remediation and/or acid sulfate soil assessments field work.
- Able to condense technical data into concisely worded reports for a broad audience using well developed report writing and verbal communication skills.
- Be strongly proficient with data manipulation using Microsoft XL and have an attention to detail.
- Be pro-active and self-motivated for learning and problem-solving.
- Be physically fit and willing and happy to travel for field work in remote areas.
- To enjoy working as part of a team but also the ability to work independently to deliver high quality reports.
- Be a citizen or permanent Australian resident with current unrestricted Australian drivers licence. Overseas applicants who are not Australian citizens or permanent residents will not be considered.
Why Join MBS Environmental?
- MBS Environmental is an equal opportunity employer with an open, flexible, and friendly work environment.
- Challenging projects and professional development opportunities to support your career path.
- A convenient West Perth location with free onsite parking and proximity to transit.
- A Frequent Alternative Traveler Rewards Scheme promoting health and encouraging greener transportation choices for staff.
- Employee Assistance Program to support you and your family with personal and professional matters.
- A competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
If you believe you have the required skills to join the MBS Environmental Team, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in this role and MBS Environmental, please note that only those applicants considered for interview will be contacted.