MBS Environmental established in 1978 provides environmental and geoscience consulting services to clients in WA, nationally and abroad. Due to continued growth, the geoscience team is looking for another team member who has the qualifications and preferably sufficient field experience to assist with a diverse range of projects. You will be working as part of a highly experienced team of scientists, engineers and chemists on diverse projects including mine waste geochemical characterisation, contaminated sites assessments, soil and landform assessments, acid sulfate soils, ground/surface water quality, chemical modelling and air quality/human health risk assessments. The role will involve a combination of fieldwork and report generation. The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (bachelors with a major in) a relevant degree such as chemistry, geochemistry or soil science with preferably a sound understanding of hydrogeology, geology or environmental science. Post graduate qualifications in these subjects will be viewed favourably. At least second year tertiary degree studies in chemistry are required.
- Experience in and familiarity with contaminated sites assessments/remediation and/or acid sulfate soil assessments field work and reporting will be viewed favourably.
- Relevant experience in relation to planning/conducting field sampling, monitoring and assessments and/or GIS would be ideal but not essential.
- Very strong English report writing skills and verbal communication skills.
- Be pro-active and self-motivated for problem-solving and learning.
- Be physically fit and willing and happy to travel for field work in remote areas.
- To enjoy working as part of a team but also the ability to work independently to deliver high quality reports.
- Be a permanent Australian resident with current unrestricted Australian drivers licence.
MBS Environmental is an equal opportunity employer with an open, flexible and friendly work environment and relatively flat management structure. Consideration will be given to both full time and part-time applicants meeting the above criteria. A salary package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.