MBS Environmental has a team of senior and principal staff experienced in obtaining regulatory approvals for a range of projects throughout Australia and internationally.
MBS is able to co-ordinate the entire environmental approvals process, including:
- Strategic project planning.
- Consultation with regulators and stakeholders.
- Baseline studies.
- Site selection and project layout.
- Impact assessment using risk assessment and risk management approaches.
- Preparation of documentation for submission to regulatory agencies and public display.
MBS has detailed practical knowledge of the legislative environmental approvals process at State/Territory and Federal levels. Specific Australian regulatory approvals with which MBS Environmental can assist include:
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) Referral of Actions.
- EPBC Act Impact Assessments.
- Part IV Environmental Protection Act 1986 (EP Act) Referrals and Assessments (API, PER).
- Part V EP Act approvals (Works Approval, Environmental Licences).
- Environmental Protection (Clearing of Native Vegetation) Regulation 2004 Clearing Permits.
- Mining Act 1978 Approvals (Mining Proposals, Programs of Work - Exploration).
- Rights in Water and Irrigation Act 1914 Approvals (Groundwater Licence Applications, Bed and Bank Permits).
- Local Government Extractive Industry Licences.
MBS has knowledge and working experience in Queensland, Northern Territory and New South Wales environmental legislation and associated impact assessment processes.